Juno is also known as Juno Online Services; it’s an internet service provider which is based in America. Juno was established in the year 1996 with equity capital. Nevertheless, Juno increased its service to provide the finest support for paying subscribers and also added the capability to peruse the internet for using emails. Juno offers various online services such as internet services, Free Juno Webmail Services and many others. Users can make easily access all Juno related internet services across the USA.
Sometimes, while working with these email users are often experiencing the Juno email error code 17. Generally, this error 17 occurs due to a problem between the Juno mail program as well as with the other applications which are implementing in the computer system. Users are getting pop up which saying ”Juno has encountered an issue and required closing”.
Below we provide few troubleshooting steps which will help you in fixing the Juno Webmail account error code 17. To avert all the troubles and the process will take lots of time, we suggest you follow the steps in the given sequence as mentioned. The steps are discussed below:
Solutions to Fix Juno Email Account Error Code 17
As discussed above this error code occurs due to the issue between the Juno program or another application running on your computer system so start following the below-given steps to fix this error. Here how to do it:
Step-1: Restart Juno Program and Reconnect it
- Click twice on the ‘Juno Logo’ appears on the screen.
- Enter the Juno ‘Member ID and Password’ to log into the Juno email account.
- After that, click on the ‘Connect’ tab to continue the process.
- If asked, choose the ‘Access Number’.For this confirm that you have entered a new name for your phone list and start setting up your access number again.
Step-2: Try Restarting the System and Re-launch Juno Program
Sometimes, restarting your computer system helps you in fixing the Juno Email Error Code 17. To restart it follow the steps discussed below:
- Firstly, click on the ‘Start’ icon to open the start menu.
- In the ‘Start’ menu, click on the ‘Shut Down’ tab to shut down the system.
- After restarting the system, click on the ‘Juno Logo’ to open the Juno Email.
- Enter the Juno ‘Member Id and Password’ to log in to it.
- Next, click on the ‘Connect’ option to connecting it with the email.
- Again, you may ask to choose the ‘Access Number’. For doing this, ensure that you provide a new name for your phone list and again start setting up your access number.
SheryWilliams is an employee at a top email service provider company in the day,and a technical writer at night. She is passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied topics. She has written majorly on Verizon and Juno email support.